Toad Poisoning

Toad Poisoning

TOADS are also very common in our back yards throughout Summer. Toads are toxic to dogs and cats and unfortunately many pets like to chase and chew them because they hop around the yard like living toys. Symptoms to watch for are frothing at the mouth, bright red gums, shaking, collapse, and seizuring. Using a bucket of cold water and an old wash cloth, you can help by wiping your pet’s gums and mouth thoroughly with the dampened wash cloth for 20 minutes, as the toad toxin is absorbed through the gums. Vet treatment is recommended as soon as possible.